Cloud-Experte: Prof. Dr. Olaf Zimmermann
Competencies and Research Interests
- Architectural Coaching and Architecture Reviews
- Architectural Decision Making, Capturing, Sharing; Architectural Refcatoring
- Architecturally Evident Coding Styles, API Design and Management
- Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) in Enterprise Application Development and Enterprise Application Integration
- Cloud Computing (Cloud Application Design, Cloud Migration, Patterns)
Olaf Zimmermann is a professor and institute partner at the Institute for Software at the University of Applied Sciences (HSR FHO) in Rapperswil, Switzerland. His areas of interest include Web-based application and integration architectures, SOA and cloud design, and architectural knowledge management. Previously, Olaf was a senior principal scientist at ABB Corporate Research and a research staff member and executive IT architect at IBM Research who investigated the role of architectural decisions in the design process. From 1999-2005, Zimmermann worked as a solution architect and consultant, helping international clients in multiple industries build enterprise-scale SOA/Web services and Java Enterprise Edition solutions on professional services projects. In the beginning of his career, he was a scientific consultant and developer in the IBM European Networking Center (ENC) in Heidelberg, Germany, focusing on industry-specific middleware frameworks for systems and network management. Zimmermann is a certified The Open Group Distinguished (Chief/Lead) IT Architect and a member of the board of IEEE Software. He is a regular conference speaker and instructor. He also is an author of Perspectives on Web Services (Springer, 2003) and contributed to several IBM Redbooks, including the first one on Eclipse and Web services (2001).